A few weeks ago, my blogging BFF tagged me in a fun little blogging game, so I thought I’d play along. It’s like a chain letter from 3rd grade, except way cooler. But if you break the chain, I’m pretty sure something bad still happens to you. Just saying.
#1 You must post these rules.
#2 Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
#3 Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
11 Things About Me:
1. The Unicef commercials with Alyssa Milano irritate me to no end. This is ironic because I DVR nearly everything and usually rapid through the commercials, thereby missing that nonsense, but for some reason I’ve been catching A.M. on the regular lately. Ugh.
2. I have a super girl crush on Kate Middleton. She is just stunning and classy. Too bad she’s doomed.
3. Living alone for several years has allowed me to develop odd neuroses, like wiping out the sink every.single.time after I use it and not being able to leave the coffee maker with a dirty filter inside. I also hate leaving dirty dishes in the sink–to the point that I will wash them before eating. Yep, I’m going to be a treat for some poor guy someday!
4. I really do love Justin Bieber music.
5. I have Raynaud’s syndrome, and it’s more annoying than anything else. When I lose feeling in my fingers for an hour or more? Yeah, not fun. So, I typically wear a snuggie and slippers all day long. HAWT.
6. I’ve been running competitively since I was 12, but took a 7 year break when I found out I had worn all the cartilage out of my knees. During that time, I did a lot of . . . not exercising.
7. I’m incredibly stubborn and opinionated, but I don’t like to argue, so I usually keep things to myself.
8. Politically? Moderate to (gasp!) conservative . . .
9. Swearing and drinking are 2 of my favorite things. And no, I’m not a sailor.
10. Those of you who read my blog might be slightly shocked by me in real life. I only share the tamest tales of my inappropriateness. As one of my best friends often says, I’m a huge fan of cognitive dissonance.
11. I love pretty, girly things. If I could only shop at one store forever and ever, it would be Victoria’s Secret. And I would go to a prom in a heartbeat. And wear this:
1. What’s one goal you want to achieve in 2012 that seems completely out of reach?
You know something? Nothing feels out of reach. I’m pretty sure that if I want something, I’ll get it.
2. Are you working in your dream profession right now?
Pretty much. There are some things I would change, but nothing I can’t live with. I feel pretty lucky.
3. Purses or shoes?
Yes and yes.
4. What’s your least favorite fashion trend going on right now?
Colored denim. Not because I don’t like the way it looks, but because it seems to look ridiculous on me. No matter what I try on, I just can’t rock it. So sad.
5. What one game are you REALLY good at?
I’m actually really good at Euchre, but I always get horrible cards, so I don’t like playing very much.
6. Why do you blog?
The friends I’ve made through my blog are some of the best I have. Even though I’ve never met most of them in real life, I feel like we have such a great community. It’s nice to have people to bounce ideas off of, to share common interests, and learn new things. Most people who don’t blog don’t get it, but blogging is the best. Not because I always have something earth shattering to share, but because of my blogging friends.
7. Facebook or Twitter?
Eh, either one. Equally good time sucks . . .
8. If you could pick up a new hobby and be awesome at it, what would it be?
I would be really great at fashion/beauty–putting together outfits, doing fun hairstyles, trying cool makeup tricks.
9. What is one staple item in your closet that you think everyone should own?
Tall brown leather boots. Love them with skirts and dresses just as much as I do with skinny jeans.
This is the pair I have. I heart them.
10. Favorite movie?
I could never pick just one, but I love Pride & Prejudice, The Holiday, and The Devil Wears Prada. Ooh, and the Bourne movies.
11. What’s your least favorite food?
I don’t like meat much–anything gamey isn’t for me. And I’m not a huge fan of pasta or rice, either.
1. What’s one goal you’ve achieved that you never thought you could?
2. Is your life now what you thought it would be 10 years ago?
3. What’s your favorite quote?
4. Do you like to read? What was the last book you read?
5. Do you think you’re photogenic?
6. When was the last time you made a new friend?
7. Do you wear nail polish?
8. What’s one food that other people go crazy over that you could take or leave?
9. What was the last thing you tried that was completely new to you?
10. Do you like to take risks or play it safe?
11. What is the best experience you’ve had in the past year?
Tag! You’re it!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and in Health
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat
Michelle @ Crazy Running Legs
Paula @ Eat Watch Run (Yes, I know Rachael tagged you, too. Now you have to do it!)
Amanda @ Miles Gone By
Corey @ Learning Patience