Unfortunately, I don’t have the time just now, as I’m
dealing with a huge travel fiasco courtesy of Delta traveling for work this week! No worries, though–I’ve got some great guest posts lined up for you. And I will, of course, pop in just as soon as I can to update you on the craziness that is my life right now. 🙂
Today’s post is from Lindsay of In Sweetness and In Health. Linds is just about as sweet as she can be, and she and I instantly bonded over our mutual adoration of wine and generally inappropriate behavior. Today, she’s sharing all her best snacking tips, and since I can use all the help I can get in that department, I’m going to file these away STAT!
Hi to all of Melissa’s readers!!! My name is Lindsay and I am the blogger behind In Sweetness and In Health. Melissa’s blog is one of my all-time favorites, and basically I want to be great friends with her! Hopefully we’ll real life someday (let’s get on that Melissa ;)).
I love to exercise and try to lead as healthy a life as possible, which of course includes my sweets and treats! For me, a big part of leading a balanced life is snacking on healthy things. I am a BIG snacker. I cannot go between meals without consuming some food or else I get really light headed from having low blood sugar and I can get crabby…eek – no good!
Sometimes, finding a variety of healthy and satisfying snacks is challenging. I mix and match things and my snack sizes vary, with the calorie content ranging from 150-300 calories! I try to include fruits and veggies where I can, and always try to up the protein content in order to help satisfy my hunger. Here is a list of some of my favorite snacks:
- Chobani greek yogurt
- Larabars (the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip is my fav!)
- Roasted grape/cherry tomatoes: I am not a fan of raw tomatoes…but roast them and it’s another story – I love them! It’s super easy too. I just use my toaster oven. I line the toaster oven tray with tinfoil (for easy clean up). Then in a bowl I mix the tomatoes with some olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour the tomatoes onto the tinfoil. Put in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes at 375*. You want the skins to be shriveling slightly and some will break open, but that’s fine!
- String cheese
- Smoothies: My smoothies generally include almond milk, a banana, frozen fruit, chocolate protein powder, a splash of vanilla extract, and a dash of cinnamon! Lately I’ve been trying to add some spinach too!
- Rice cakes topped with peanut butter or PB2: My current favorite combo is an apple cinnamon rice cake topped with chocolate PB2!
- Cottage cheese: This is a new favorite for me! I used to hate cottage cheese, but I recently decided to try it again and I’m now in love. A half cup has around 16 grams of protein!! My current favorite combo is cottage cheese mixed with a chopped apple and topped with cinnamon. Try it!
- Sliced up veggies and hummus
- Banana soft serve: This is also something fairly new to me. I’m a huge fan of soft serve ice cream and this totally helps to satisfy that craving! Just blend two very ripe bananas in a food processor until smooth and you’re good to go! I amp mine up a bit by adding some peanut butter and a half scoop of chocolate protein powder. It’s delectable hehe.
There ya go! Hopefully you can spice up your snack life a bit with some of these options ;). Thank you to Melissa for letting me take over her blog for the day!!